SPOT was designed from the ground up to accommodate your demanding Route and Valet needs. The routes process within SPOT is not an add on to the counter operations, rather it is a complete module that takes your options and reporting to another level not seen in the industry. We have implemented an impressive route/valet function by integrating the latest technologies that will allow you to improve your performance and response to the customer.
Some features of the route operations are:
- Delivery Types - Customers have the choice of being a "Static" route customer or an "On-Demand" customer with configurable pickup and delivery days.
- On-Demand Scheduler - A simple pop-up scheduler is available from almost anywhere in SPOT for easy access to customer requests for pickup, delivery or cancellation of visits.
- SPOTMap/Mappoint Integration - This feature optimizes fast and efficient delivery. Driving directions will print directly on the manifest and the route can be "Right Turn" optimized to save time and mileage. No more worries about a sick route driver.
- Delivery Manifest - You can print either a "Detail" or "Summary" manifest. The "Detail" manifest will allow you to see new customers, special instructions, specific marketing information, last visit date, current account balance and order details.
- Special Instructions - Don't let the special notes of a customer go unnoticed. You have the ability to place four separate types of "comments" on a customer's route, stop or customer profile.
- Integrated Billing - Having issues billing and collecting from your route customers? SPOT has a complete Account's Receivable (A/R) module built-in. It allows monthly billing statements by mail or email. It also lets you pay statements by using our integrated credit card processing on file (CCOF) feature. Set up billing groups to allow weekly billing and stabilize your cash flow.
- Non-Delivery Reasons - Orders that do not get delivered are scanned back to the plant with a non-delivery reason with an assigned follow-up delivery date. The customer's CRM tab is updated with the delivery reason giving your CSR's the information they need to keep your route customers informed of problem order(s).
- Move/Renumber Stops - It's easy to move single or multiple stops within a route to a new stop within the selected route or into a completely different route. This saves time and money in organizing and maintaining your route.
- Customer Search - Search for a customer by name or by address.
- Post Orders - Simplify your delivery process with our "Post Orders" function. This automated batch process closes all delivered orders and posts amounts into A/R or charges a CCOF credit card.
- Airclic Route Manager Integration - Use your basic Motorola i655 phone and Nextel data services to enable your drivers to gather scanned order deliveries and pickups. At the same time gather GPS tracking information in real time. Use the web or the SPOT Route manager to allow tracking of current routes, start and stop times, total mileage driven for a route. Details of this feature are discussed below.
SPOT's route module has many features that will make your operation more efficient and will allow easy management of customer requests and special needs. You will enjoy a much greater degree of control and flexibility.
Route Manager lets you see what is happening with your drivers in real time. You may use either our RouteTrac device powered by Airclic or our RouteTrac - Mobile device. Your driver will start a route by logging into a device and complete the route by logging out of the device. In between the start and and end the of the route the Route Manager will gather the following information
- Start and end time stamp of the route
- What vehicle is being used
- What route is being processed
- Start and end miles of the delivery vehicle / Total miles driven for route
- Number of stops to be made / Number of stops made
- Number of orders delivered
- Number of bags pickup ed
- Customer details with address, items delivered, bags picked up
- GPS coordinates when the customer order is scanned
- Orders delivered to the incorrect customer
- Bags picked up that do not have a current order detailed
You can also compare the routes manifest with orders delivered to verify the manifest was completed properly. All this information is gathered and calculated with a simple scan of an order at delivery or a bag at pickup by your route driver.
RouteTrac enabled by Airclic
SPOT Business Systems, LLC. and AirClic a Newton, Pennsylvania company have teamed up to bring you the latest in tracking and GPS technologies. You can now use an industry standard Motorola i655 phone with Nextel/Sprint data services and track your orders, vehicles, delivery and pickup times from either SPOT or the web. This revolutionary integration uses your phone and attached bar code reader in real time to maintain a new "RouteTrac Manager" console in SPOT. The "RouteTrac Manager" screen keeps you up to date with the following functions.
- Orders picked up by route and driver
- Location and quantity of invoices delivered to a location
- Date and Time stamp for orders delivered
- Location and quantity of bags, pieces picked up
- Validation of bags picked up when using SPOT bag tags
- Date and Time stamp of bags or pieces picked up
- Miles driven by route and driver
- Know the past and current location of the driver at any time
- Web based tracking of driver and vehicle scan locations
- Web based access to time and date stamps of delivery and pickups
- Web based access to current location of vehicle
- Mappoint integration with "Fleet at a Glance"
This new integration requires standard off the shelf hardware and SPOT version 4.50.0115 or higher. The cost of the RouteTrac Manager service is at an introductory price of $50 per month per phone. To get started you will need a Motorola i655 or compatible phone, Motorola AC25 scanner at $299, Nextel/Sprint unlimited data services starting at $9.95* per month and SPOT version 4.50.0131 and higher.
If you are interested in starting this service review the "Implementation Time line and Requirements" document and fill out the "AirClic Customer Agreement" and "SBSCustomer Information" documents and fax them back to SPOT Business Systems at 801-495-1208 and get your service started today. You may also contact Sales at 801-208-2212 for more information.
*Phone and data service pricing is provided by Next/Sprint. Ask your SPOT sales representative about a $25 rebate available from Nextel if you mention Westgate Software when signing up for new services.