If you are in the market of purchasing new hardware or updating existing hardware to the latest Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System, please read the following notes before you proceed with your purchase.
Hardware and Peripheral support
The compatibility of current hardware and peripherals must be verified before you upgrade. If you are planning to use existing equipment or you are purchasing new equipment please verify before you purchase that all equipment is Windows 7 certified. Microsoft and peripheral manufactures are updating device support for Windows 7 as fast as possible . It is your responsibility to verify with each peripherals manufacturer the compatibility of each peripheral before upgrading or purchasing. SPOT Business Systems does not support or control a peripherals driver. We suggest you use only Windows 7 certified drivers available from the peripheral manufacturer.
- At this time we have verified the version 4.1 drivers from Epson are compatible with TM-90 and TM-88iii and higher printers.
- We are still testing the compatibility of the Eltron or Zebra Invoice printers as no native Windows 7 driver exist.
- Tag printing with Eltron or Zebra printers are not affected in Windows 7 as they do not use native printer drivers.
- Limited drivers from HP and other report printers are available. We have not tested support for these printers so please verify with the manufacturer that the printer you are using will be supported by Windows 7.
- ELO touch screens are supported in both a serial and USB interface using the latest available drivers.
- USB and keyboard interface credit card readers are compatible
SBS will provide compatibility and driver information on peripherals as it becomes available.
SPOT build 5.2.0017 and higher now support the Microsoft Windows 7 Operating system. For you to run SPOT on a Windows 7 based computer the following requirements must be followed.
- System memory of 1 GB or higher (Suggested 1GB for workstations and 2 GB for servers)
- User Account Controls (UAC) must be disabled
- Open "Control Panel"
- Double Click "User Accounts"
- Click "User Account Controls" (UAC)
- Un-check "User Account Controls"
- SQL 2005/2008 or 2005/2008 Express for data base support. Installation of compatibility feature pack is required for 2008.
- Installation must be run with Administrator rights
When running SPOT, if any of these requirements are not met SPOT will not operate on your Windows 7 operating system based computer.
Display issues with SPOT running on Windows 7
If you are experiencing the bottom of various windows being cut off in SPOT this can be resolved with the following modification to the Windows configuration.
Right-Click on the desktop and Choose Personalize.
Along the bottom menu, click on “Window Color” image.
Select the "Advanced Appearance Settings" link
Use the Item drop down and select “Active Title Bar”, change the size to 17.
Use the item drop down again, choose “Border Padding”, change the size to 1.
Hit "Apply" and "OK" to save changes.
Close SPOT and Re-launch.
Once these changes have been made and you have re-launched SPOT your windows will now be visible.